Saturday, May 26, 2018

When There is Nothing More to Do

All of us have points in our life when we have done all we can do and we can either try to make it on our own thinking or we can connect to the energy of the universe through prayer.  Prayer is letting go and allowing the healing energy of God to work in any situation.  One of the best known prayer is the Prayer of Protection by James Dillet Freeman.

The light of God surrounds us,
The love of God enfolds us,
The power of God protects us,
The presence of God watches over us.
Wherever we are, God is, and all is well

I personally experienced the power of prayer on the night and day of my late husband's surgery to "clip" a basal aneurysm.  We were at the Zale Lipshy Hospital in Dallas, Texas where a doctor from the UT Southwestern Medical Center were going to operate on Dean.  Dean had come back to normal awareness as the bleeding in his brain began to heal.  He would take deep meditative breaths when the staff would examine him.  One person recognized that he meditated and talked to him about meditation.  Soon he had other staff coming into his room to talk to him about meditation and all of a sudden he became the "guru" of the staff.

One interesting thing happened when I requested that a subliminal self healing music tape be played in his operating room.  The staff was immediately interested and said that they had been experimenting with music during surgery.

Dean called people to say his good-byes the night before the surgery after hearing the grim statistics doe his survival.  The day of Dean's surgery was on a Sunday which is a quiet day for most hospitals for surgeries.  My mother and sister waited with me in the waiting room which was strangely quiet.

 I decided to to to the chapel and pray.  As I meditated in the hospital chapel, a thought came to me that maybe it would help if Dean's brain in my visualization could light up so that the surgeons could see clearly and guide the delicate instruments inside Dean's brain.  To my surprise I instantaneously "saw" Dean's brain light up in my mind's eye and I heard the surgeons say "This is not as bad as I thought it would be".

I felt a sense of completion with the prayer and meditation and made my way to the surgery waiting room.  A few minutes later I met the surgeon who wanted to meet me and he said, "I have looked at Dean's catsans and this is not as as bad as I thought it would be".

During his surgery I laid down on the hospital couch and affirmed over and over the Unity Prayer of Protection.  After only 3 hours of surgery, the surgeon came back and said the operation was a success and that even in spite of the dangerous proximity to the brain stem, the aneurysm had been successfully clipped.

After Dean awakened, the doctors tested his reflexes and we were elated to know that he was not paralyzed.   This was just the beginning of his recovery.  I will share more tomorrow about his battles to come back to full awareness.


No comments:

Post a Comment