Sunday, May 6, 2018

The Power of An Idea

For years our church (Unity Spiritual Center of Denton) struggled to come up with fundraiser ideas.  We had silent auctions, garage sales, and other special events where we were thrilled if we made anything over $500.

At a board meeting I was challenged to come up with an idea that would generate $9000.  I remember thinking that this would almost be impossible but then I just released the whole thing to the universe.  I let go in the idea of "let go and let God".

Just about 2 weeks later Mabel and Allen Calhoun visited our church and out of the blue Mabel told me about a fundraiser that her church in Memphis had done that raised $8000+ in money.  I asked her if she would be interested in doing this for our church and she said yes.  And the rest is history.  For the 5th year in a row our church has raised $8000+ in a social auction event.  The event is geared around a fun theme with a combination of a Silent Auction, live auction, and social events that are all for sale.  Best of all everyone has fun in the process.  I am very grateful to Mabel for her idea and spearheading this event.

I am amazed at the synchronicity of the challenge and the Calhouns showing up at the church with an idea that met the challenge.  This whole synchronicity has shown to me that there is power in meeting any challenge with the idea of "Letting Go and Letting God" with the idea that With God All Things are Possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment