Monday, May 14, 2018

Big Box Arrived

Over a week ago a really large box arrived from Amazon and was deposited on my front porch.  I could barely get it through my front door.  I had been warned by my 2 daughters that I would be receiving a box for my Mother's Day gift but I was amazed at the size of this box.

Yesterday was the day for opening it up so I waited until after church so I could enjoy the experience.  I was surprised and happy to find an Instant Pot.  I have been hearing about these amazing multi-function appliances that can cook soups, meat/stew, beans/chili, poultry, slow cook, rice, multigrain, porridge, steamer, saute, yogurt, and acts also as a pressure cooker.  In essence it is a "magic machine" that will allow me to give away my rice cooker and other cookers.

The cooker came with detailed instructions plus a recipe book.  My daughters told me that I can find more recipes online by googling my Instant Pot model.  After looking through the recipe book, I have decided to make a coconut chicken curry today as my very first dish. 

These type of appliances causes me to wonder what will be next on the scene for cooking.  The creative talents of people in all endeavors are amazing.  Just a few years ago there was no Alexa, Instant Pot, Cricut Machine, cell phones, computers, etc.  Cars are now intuitive.  This last weekend my sister was telling me that her new car will alert her if her hands are off the wheel and when other dangerous situations are happening. 

At times I envision our earth millions of years ago with the basics of trees, ocean, air, etc.  Throughout the years we have taken these basics and produced all kinds of products ranging from airplanes, cars, homes, appliances, etc. by just using our thinking and intuition.  I am sure that in 5 years there will be a multitude of products that will become just as common as our cell phones.  This is an interesting time to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment