Monday, May 28, 2018

How I Experienced the Power of Visualizing

I have been relating my experiences with my late husband, Dean Davis, when he had a basal brain aneurysm located in the worse part of the brain in October of 1994.  The location made it likely he would either die in surgery or suffer paralysis in some part of his body.  Miraculously, he made it through surgery.

At the time that Dean was experiencing a miracle in his recovery I was also praying for a financial miracle.  We had medical insurance through Dean's work but I was not sure what was being covered by his insurance.  Once my mother and I looked at the insurance manual and it was vaguely worded.  It looked very possible that I might be responsible for 20% of the cost of the expenses after the deductible was met.  We roughly figured what it could cost and I was amazed at the figure.  I decided to think about the cost when the bill was presented and not before.

Not only was I concerned about the surgery costs but I had to think about how to keep the bookstore going, pay its bills, and pay our personal bills.  I also did not know how long Dean's work checks would continue and how to deposit them.  And the quarterly taxes were due on the bookstore sales.

I decided that I would deal with what I could on the financial area and let go in mind and consciousness all the rest.  At night I placed all of my problems into God's hands.  I asked myself what the best case scenario of our situation would be.  I decided that I would visualize a complete recovery with Dean.  I also saw us taking a trip to the beach after Christmas with money in the bank.

The family support I had during the whole experience was wonderful.  I was able to stay with my mother while Dean was in the hospital.  She also loaned me some money to help with some of my bills for which I was very grateful.   Dean's children helped in making decisions and in other ways. 
Susan, my youngest daughter, volunteered to run my bookstore in which she had experience until January 17th when she had to be in college.   My bookstore landlord helped and supported my daughter and worked with me in payment of my bookstore rent.

The best financial news was that Dean's insurance paid for all of his hospitalization.  Dean continued to receive his checks from his work.

I had not shared my inner visualization with anyone about going on a vacation with money in the bank.  It just did not seem possible as Dean was expected to be in rehab for 6 months.  Another miracle occurred when Dean was released from rehab after just a little over a week.  His daughters gave him a gift of paying the motel room at Port Aransas, Texas right on the beach.  My vision came true as we did have money in the bank.

After Dean was released from the hospital, he shared with me that he had had a near death experience which I will share in my next blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment