Wednesday, May 9, 2018

22 Years Ago

In clearing out old files I came across the invoice for a computer with a printer that I bought on April 28th, 1996 for the sale price of $2118.44.  I remember that the feeling was akin to buying a new car.  It took me a long time to really buy it but I knew I needed it for so many things that I was doing.  At the time I lived in Ft. Smith, Arkansas and was the spiritual leader of Unity of Ft. Smith. 

The specifics of the computer were so minuscule compared to the powerful computers of today.  The disks were huge and floppy and the system ran on DOS.

               Hard drive:  1085.9 MB
               RAM:  16 MB
               Video Memory:  1 MB
               Speed:  100 MHZ


That purchase was made 22 years ago and the changes in our technology have been mind boggling.  It was that year when I paid monthly to be on the internet which was using a telephone line for very slow connection.  I would stay up late connecting to people and staying current with events.

I remember being thrilled with the purchase as it was up to date for its time.  At that time I would have been amazed if I could have seen in the future at the small compact computers and laptops that we have now.I wonder now what the changes will be like in the next 20 years.

Exploring the inner space of spirit is the next big frontier.  I think we are at the forefront of revolution of thought about our spirituality and the phenomenal inner potential that we all possess.






No comments:

Post a Comment