Thursday, May 3, 2018

Storms


My alarm clock went off at 7:00 and at the same time a severe thunderstorm alert was issued for Denton, Texas.  Spring is my favorite time of year but it also includes the possibility in Texas and other states for the likelihood of stormy weather.  

Storms are great for clearing out the atmosphere and watering the earth.  I know that when I water my lawn it takes forever to water my entire lawn since I don't have an installed sprinkler system.  Then when the rains happen I marvel at how completely and quickly the lawn is watered as the rains fall.

Everything in life has an upside and a downside.  Spring is beautiful but storms happen that are often catastrophic.  Roses are also beautiful but have thorns.  

People are like that too.  Physically, I have thick hair and have been fortunate with my skin and teeth.  However, I work with my weight and other body issues.  We all have ups and downs with our physical body.

 Personality wise we have good sides and not so good sides.  We are never going to please everyone and people are not going to please us.  We have to take the good and the bad.

In the end it is easier to accept life as it is with what we term "the good and the bad".  It is not worth getting upset with ourselves, others and life.  As we connect to love inside us, then it is 10 times easier to accept life as it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment