Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Time Capsules

I am enjoying a steaming cup of coffee as I always do at this time of day (7:00 AM) out of a tall lavender mug.  This mug brings back memories of 25 years ago. 

I received this mug as a gift from my oldest daughter when we both lived in the Branson area.  I owned and operated a bookstore and she was working as a science teacher in Springfield, MO.  She knew how much I enjoyed having coffee in the morning and she gave me this beautiful large mug.

I have about 25 other coffee mugsand each cup brings back a memory of times past.  When I travel I often bring back a cup from the place I am visiting,  Each time I have a cup I go back in time and not only enjoy the coffee but the memories.

All of us live with objects we have acquired and each object brings up memories---some good and some not so good.  I have decided that it is important for my well being to let go of objects that bring sadness, anger or pain.  If all of us surround ourselves with objects that bring us joy, then our days are blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment