Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Appreciating Hot Water

I find it so interesting to notice how most of us take so many things for granted until something happens.  In my case I am without hot water until my plumbing issues are resolved.  I always love to have a hot shower when I wake up which is followed by a steaming cup of coffee. 

I am lucky though that I will be able to take a hot shower at my mother's place this morning.  We both have doctor appointments and I am going to go earlier than normal in order to have a shower.

I remember feeling this same way when appliances break down.  Each time a washing machine or dryer or any other appliance does not work, it is then that I realize how much a part of my life it is or was.

The same principle relates to people.  When people leave my life either through death or moving, I realize that there is a void in their absence. 

I think we move through life without realizing how much we have to be grateful for.  I know that I am adding hot water to my appreciation list.


No comments:

Post a Comment