Monday, May 21, 2018

Dress in Closet

The rule of thumb in keeping clothes is that if you don't wear the item within a certain amount of time, then it is time to get rid of it.  I have 2 items of clothing that are sentimental or have meaning for me.

One is an outfit that was given to me by my 2 daughters back in 1992.  It was a pants outfit and I knew at the time that they had sacrificed financially to give me that outfit. 

Another item is a red skirt and blouse.  When I had my bookstore in Branson, there was a woman's clothing store across from the store that sold fairly expensive clothes.  I would sometimes browse at the store and particularly admired the red dress and skirt.  The owner turned out to be a Unity student and asked my late husband to teach meditation and he complied.  One day she came to the bookstore and told me I could pick out an outfit for free and I immediately picked out the red skirt and blouse.

These items give me pleasure in remembering why they were given to me and good feelings arise each time I see them.  There is an exception to every rule and these 2 items are my exception.





No comments:

Post a Comment