Friday, May 4, 2018

I Was Supposed to be a Mechanical Engineer

When I was in high school, I took a test designed to see what field of study would be best for me to pursue.  Everyone in my grade had to take this test.

The test booklets were passed out.  On one page there was a picture of a train.  The questions underneath the train were related to the working relationship of all the parts.  I stared at it knowing that this was way out of my understanding.  As I looked at it, I was startled to see it moving.  I began to answer the questions because it was obvious how the train was working. 

The test results arrived and I received a great score on this portion of the test.  I was told that I was suited to become a mechanical engineer.  I knew that what happened to me was a fluke but I have pondered this experience ever since.

Maybe I would have made a great engineer; however, I think what the experience demonstrated to me is the power of our mind.  When I was looking at the drawing, I went into a reverie which is akin to a meditative state.  I entered into the "google" of the mind and I received the answers I needed for that portion of the test.

I think we all limit ourselves without even knowing it.  The answers are within us for all situations in life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment