Saturday, June 30, 2018

Have We Lived Before? My Thoughts on This Subject.

One of my favorite classes at Unity Village when I was studying to become a Licensed Unity Teacher was one taught by the Unity Poet Laureate, James Dillet Freeman.  It was a class based on his book Reincarnation.  This was an elective class and Unity is quick to say that a lot of Unity people believe it is true but not particularly a tenet of Unity.    James was very much a believer in the ages old belief of reincarnation.

I thought about all of this again today as I saw 2 references to reincarnation on Facebook.  One was about a boy who remembered a past life on Mars and another was from a mother whose child was remembering another life.

When I first began hearing about reincarnation I was not a believer in it.  Later I began to see how it would explain some of the "injustices" we see as karma plays out.  One of my first Unity teachers (Catherine Ponder) told me she thought I had quickly reincarnated from World War II.

Everything I have read suggests paying close attention to what children say when they are very young as they are fresh from the world of Spirit.  When my youngest daughter was about 3 years old, she told me that I was not her mother.  I asked why she thought that.  She said her mother was brown and that she had several brothers and sisters.  She was very attached to her first pair of shoes and when she went to bed at night, she would want her shoes in bed with her and she hugged them tightly.   I really believe that she had previously been in a poor family and shoes were a luxury in that family.

I was very interested in the subject but have since decided that although I believe that reincarnation does happen that it is what we do with this life that matters.  Learning to meditate, pray for others and give of our talents and abilities is what matters in the end.




No comments:

Post a Comment