Friday, June 15, 2018

Helping Others Through Dreams

Last night Lowell and I went to see his 7 year old granddaughter who was in the play "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.  We loved the music and the talent of all the people in the play. 

As I watched the play unfold, I realized how important dream interpretation was for Joseph and the nations of Israel and the Egyptians.  Because Joseph was able to interpret the Pharoah's dream, he was made 2nd in command in Egypt and was able not only to help Egypt but his own brothers who had tried to get rid of him.  I firmly believe we all have this potential of looking into our dreams and using them to improve our lives and in the process help others too.

I remember one time in the 1970's I dreamed about a woman who was attending a Unity church and who worked with me in the Sunday School when I was in charge of the Sunday School program.  In the dream she was talking to me about her marriage situation.  She had about 5 children and in the dream she was telling me that her husband was abusing her and she was crying for help.  When I woke up I was surprised at the dream because it was so real.  I did not know what to do. 

I had had that dream on Saturday night so the next day when I woke up was Sunday.  On Sunday morning after church I came up to her and said I had had a dream and I told her the dream.  To my surprise she broke down in tears and confirmed my dream and we were able to talk about her situation.

Another time I had a dream about a person who was in an iron lung.  They were dying and afraid to leave their body.  I was helping them in their dying process by telling them it was ok to leave their body.  When I woke up I again thought about the dream and realized it was so real.  I was shocked to hear on the news that on the night of my dream a person who had been in an iron lung the longest of anyone in the US had died.  I still have that article.  I felt like I had there helping in the process.

So much else goes in our dreams.  I firmly believe it is important to remember our dreams and act on them.  I will be talking about this in my upcoming seminar on Sunday, July 8th at Unity Spiritual Center of Denton.



No comments:

Post a Comment