Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Overcoming the Fence Challenge----Creativity

Yesterday I posted in my blog that someone is trying to enter my backyard through my fence.  I have found tools, bent lock, flashlights, etc.  It is obvious.  Finding a way to secure the fence was difficult.

Here is the problem:

  • If you put a lock on the outside with screws then all it takes is a screwdriver to enter the gate.
  • The inside of the fence has a post that rounds out so it makes it difficult to put the right and left sides of the fence together with a lock.
Yesterday Lowell and I went to Home Depot.  After a lot of looking Lowell came up with a great plan.  We would anchor a thick heavy metal chain to 2 locks that would be impossible to reach from the outside.  To further make it difficult we would hook one side with a combination lock.

This solution which seemed very daunting at first made me think of 2 things:
  • Necessity is the mother of invention
  • Nothing is impossible




No comments:

Post a Comment