Sunday, June 24, 2018

A Knock at My Door Followed by the Sound of My Garage Door Going Up

I live in a quiet neighborhood on a corner lot.  I don't have a lot of valuables so I never thought I would ever be experiencing a home invasion. 

About 3 months ago I heard a knock at my door.  I looked at my front door from another window and saw a young man with a clip board.  When I did not come to the door, I saw him walk to a dark color car with the clipboard and sit in the passenger seat.  He was looking at the house and writing on the clipboard.

The car drove away and I went back to what I was doing.  My blood froze when I heard the sound of my garage door going up.  I went out the front door and peaked to the side of the house where my garage faced.  There was the same car parked in front of my garage.

I quickly went back into the house and called the police.  I took refuge in a bedroom and the dispatcher stayed with me on the line.  After about 10 minutes my home was surrounded by about 6 police cars.  I know my neighbors must have thought that there was a murder by the massive response.    By the time the police arrived the perpetrators had left.  The police pointed out that my car's door was left ajar said that there had been a number of home invasions in the area and they were disappointed not to find anyone.

Later that night I went out and when I came home I was shocked to find my home had been broken into and they had stolen my iPad, a watch, a broken Ipod and small items.  They had written on the detective's card which I had put in front of my computer.  They wrote on the back of the card that the suspect was a black male.

I began double securing my house.  I have found that they have tried to get through my fence so Lowell has rigged up a way for them not to get into my back yard.

I refuse to live my life in fear so I am careful that the doors are locked and then I trust in the safety of God. We always have the option of "fear or faith".  I am choosing faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment