Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Movies and Slides: Serendipity at Work

I am always amazed at the serendipity in my life.  Just this week I had a situation resolved that I have been trying to address for years.

As most of you know by now, I am working on photo albums and scrapbooks as I have tons of photos and memorabilia from relatives.  I think it is important to pass them on in as interesting way as possible to my relatives.

The biggest problem I had was what to do with the 8 millimeter home movie film.  I wanted to have these films transferred to a DVD but the price is significant when you send them off to a company to have them done.  I also have some VHS home movies plus tons of slides. 

I decided that I would have to find a way to somehow transfer these images but while I waited I would tackle the photos and memorabilia I have for the time being. 

Pam Livingston told me about a free program at the Denton library where they would demonstrate the various equipment they have to preserve family memories.  I was surprised at the size of the class with people all about my age who are facing the same situations I am facing with so much stuff stored on movies and slides.

It turns out the Denton library has a legacy section where you can reserve 3 hours to use equipment that will transfer the movies and slides to a DVD.  It was an answer to prayer.  I am looking forward to many many hours in the legacy section of the library.

I think it pays to wait if possible when a situation comes up that you cannot see the resolution.  There have been so many times that a solution was just about to happen but if I had addressed it, then I would not see the miraculous outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment