Monday, June 25, 2018

A Car Accident Led to a Decision in My Life

Have you ever had trouble making a decision and asked for guidance and direction?  This happened to me in 1998.

I was the spiritual leader of Unity of Ft. Smith and my late husband was the manager of an electrical and plumbing supply company.  Dean found out that the FBI was investigating one of his employees for theft and at the same time he was hospitalized for strep pneumonia.  I intuitively felt like we needed to change direction in our lives but did not know what direction to go.

On Father's Day we were returning from a visit with his oldest daughter who lived in Rockport, Texas where he also had spoken at Unity by the Sea in Corpus Christi.  We had had a very pleasant weekend which was a mini vacation for us.   

We left Corpus Christi at 1:00 PM and decided to come all the way back to Ft. Smith.  About midnight I drove across the bridge entering Ft. Smith and stopped at the 1st signal.  Then out of the blue I felt a tremendous surge and heard breaking glass.  The car was pushed forward.  I was lying flat back on my car seat and everything went dark.

I turned to Dean and he yelled that we had been hit.  I looked at Dean and he had blood running down his face.  People were rushing to help us.  I felt like I had been in a surprise attack.  I heard talk of spilled gas.  Dean was saying that we had to get out because the car might explode and to make matters worse he was hooked to an oxygen tank which could explode.  Shocked I could not get my door open.  All of a sudden people were at my door, pulling and struggling to open it.  

Finally they pulled and it opened.  A woman came over to me when she saw I was shaking and reassured me over and over that I was ok.  People were working on Dean's door which was more difficult to open.  He was pulled out and the lady went over to him and pulled out a handkerchief to staunch his bleeding.  911 was called for the unconscious driver of the car that had rear ended us.  Sirens came from every direction.

I looked out at the scene of ambulances, fire engines and people videoing the scene.  Street sweepers were cleaning the glass and a tow truck was on hand.  I felt like I must be dreaming.  I heard that the incident was on the news and that the estimated speed of impact was 103 mph.  The driver was cited for reckless driving, DWI, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and no insurance plus he was driving a borrowed car.  He was 30 years old. I still have the police report of the accident.

I never will forget when Dean turned to me and said that this was a sign that we needed to leave Ft. Smith.  In classic dream interpretation a car represents the direction in which your life is going.  If you  have an accident in your dream then it is a warning to change your direction in life.

But the question remained:  Where would we go?  Within a year I began receiving answers.  I was supposed to be at Unity of Denton.  Here in a nutshell is what happened:

  1. After Dean's earlier aneurysm surgery in 1994 he had a near death experience in which he said I was supposed to be at Unity of Denton.
  2. Unity of Denton called without my solicitation and asked me to apply.
  3. The minister of Unity of Denton called me and said she had had a vision of me being the person who was supposed to be the minister of the church
  4. A psychic told the congregation that they could recognize the person who was best for Unity of Denton because this person would wear purple during the try out.  
After all of the above happenings I took it as a sign that I was to try out. I wore purple without knowing anything about the psychic's prediction to the congregation and I was asked to be the spiritual leader of the church.  I have been here ever since and really feel like it is my place and mission to be here.

We all have access to answers if we stay open and avoid discouragement.  


No comments:

Post a Comment