Thursday, June 28, 2018

"Summer Time and the Living is Easy"

The weather has been a big topic today in my family.  My youngest daughter Susan is at a conference in Denver and was surprised to find the mile high city experiencing a heat wave.  My oldest daughter and her family just went through a terrible thunderstorm with tornado warnings. And all of us here in Denton are into triple digit heat hoping for a break or rain.

To make matters worse, the weathermen lately have had a hard time predicting the weather.  The actual weather seems to not fit into their forecasts.  One year I had baseball size hail and it was never predicted.

In spite of the heat I love the summers.  I think it is a holdover from looking forward to it when I was in school.  There is nothing like a summer vacation and foods such as watermelon.

I always like to count my blessings and appreciate air conditioning and running water.  There is beauty in nature with flowers and trees. There are lots of people walking with pets and young children.  The whole world seems alive with energy.

We can take in part of the energy of the season as we meditate each day.  We too can thrive and renew our spirits no matter what is happening in our lives.






No comments:

Post a Comment