Tuesday, June 5, 2018

My Grandson and His Indiana Jones Hat

One of my favorite past times is to go to thrift stores and just see what kind of treasures I can find.  It is amazing to find just what you need at a fraction of the cost of the new items. 

When I lived in Branson, Missouri, I decided to open up 2 flea market booths.  I had all kinds of things I owned or found that I put into these places and it was fun.  My youngest daughter who had moved to Branson also added her items and it was a good side income for her. 

Later when I moved to Denton and I was caring for my late husband in hospice I would make daily trips to Goodwill which is about 6 blocks from where I live.  I would buy items to resell on Ebay and was able to have extra income that I needed in caring full time for him plus working full time as a minister at Unity of Denton.

It was interesting to see what I would find.  At one time I was finding at Goodwill signed limited edition art prints and paintings that sold really well.  I had fun researching the artist and adding this information to my listings.  I dug around in an electronics area and bought a credit card reader for about $5 and resold it for over $400.  I found 2 engines of a Christmas train that were new in a box for $1.50 and resold for $150 each.  I sold a jacket to someone in Paris, France.  There were thousands of items that I sold.

One time my oldest Grandson visited me and we went to a movie set tour in Irving, Texas and he volunteered to play the part of Indiana Jones in a scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark.  He loved doing this and immediately wanted an Indiana Jones hat.  I looked up the cost and found out how expensive they are even on Ebay.  I put the desire in my mind and let it go.  The weekend after he went home I went to Goodwill and to my shock and surprise I found an official Indiana Jones hat in his size. 

This life experience can be interesting when we pursue the interests that we have and know without a doubt that life will provide us with what we need when we need it.




No comments:

Post a Comment