Thursday, June 21, 2018

A Miracle in 2005

Whenever I think of times when the finances seem down, I think about a miracle that happened at church in 2005.  Unity of Denton had grown and could not afford to rent expanded space anywhere in Denton.  We located a church building in Krugerville outside of Denton for a bargain due to a split in the congregation.

When we moved to this location, it proved to be too far for some of our regular members.  Others moved away and our financial situation became worse.  I was in the ordination process which required the church to pay me a certain salary.  We sent financials quarterly to the field licensing committee for review.  All I knew to do was turn it over to prayer.  My late husband, Dean, had died the previous year and never even saw the new building we had moved to.

One day I was opening up the mail and nearly threw away a financial envelop as we were always getting ads for opening up new bank accounts, credit cards, etc.  To my shock I was holding in my hands a $30,000 check.  It was from the estate of a woman who had died a year and a half earlier.  The letter explained that the financial establishment had had trouble locating us because we had moved and changed names.  The letter went on to say that more money would be coming as this lady had had no relatives and wanted the church to have the money.  Altogether there was an incredible $330,000!  It was a miracle.  We used the money to add an addition onto the building and make improvements.

This story illustrates to me that we never know what is in store for us in the universe if we don't think about the lack and just focus on prosperity and never give in to negative thinking.




No comments:

Post a Comment