Friday, January 18, 2019

Waiting for the Storm--This Too Shall Pass

It is so interesting to know in advance that stormy, icy and extremely cold weather is on its way when you are experiencing 70 degree warm spring like weather as I am experiencing in Denton, Texas.  There is a feeling of wondering how bad the weather is going to get and I question the best way to prepare for it.

I joined a lot of people at the grocery store because I know I won't want to get out in the morning when the brunt of the slush and cold descends upon us.  I am willing to bet that tons of chili cans and comfort food was sold today.

As I was shopping one of my favorite songs came on in the store which is "I Can See Clearly Now".  Hearing that song brought me back to center and made me realize that storms come and go.  This is also a metaphor for our lives.  Storms come and go but things will be ok.  All we have to do is breathe, relax, trust God and know that no matter how bad the storm we can make it through to "sunny weather".



No comments:

Post a Comment