Saturday, January 26, 2019

John Denver and Creativity---Part One

My youngest daughter gave me an Echo Dot which means that I can connect it to my iPhone and Amazon Prime in order to "talk" to an imaginary "Alexa". 

The other day I asked it to play soft 70's rock music and it started playing John Denver.  This stirred up memories of John Denver for me.  He went to high school in the Ft. Worth area.

When I went to Texas Tech he was in a trio that sang at a concert which I attended.  Later he went solo and launched his incredible career as a singer and song writer. 

I have been picking out music videos to play at church and came across a beautiful video about how he struggled with music and lyrics for one of his most famous songs.  I am not going to name the video until after tomorrow as I want it as a surprise for the congregants.  I will post more about his process of creativity after tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment