Saturday, January 12, 2019

The Magic Timer

On cold days I love to stay warm in a chair and drink coffee.  I find it very difficult to get moving.  I think I must have the genetics from the time long ago when ancient people took winter refuge in a cave with a blazing fire to keep warm.  

Several years ago I decided to set the timer for 10 minutes and assign myself a task to do in the 10 minutes.  I found I not only had the task done but several other things accomplished also.  My motivation to stay moving would activate and I would be active for most of the day.

When I face a daunting task that seems overwhelming, I also use the timer.  I will do 15 minutes and then do something else for 10 minutes.  It is amazing how the change of pace helps me get a lot of things accomplished.

I also find it very worthwhile to start the day in a positive way with prayer, meditation and affirmations.  I see the day going well and this sets up an emotional tone of expectancy and good that helps bring in the energy.


No comments:

Post a Comment