Thursday, January 10, 2019

Identical Twins Who Are Separated

Last week I saw a special program on 20/20 about identical twins who were separated at birth and then adopted.  They never knew that they had a twin until someone at the agency let them know even though letting them know was illegal.  Several sets of twins "found" each other and were amazed at the similarity of their lives 40 years later. 

Two male twins found that they both coached ice hockey teams and each had 3 boys.  One woman who found her twin discovered that they both had a girl with the same name.  The similarities were amazing.

This has always fascinated me because we are discovering that mannerisms, likes and dislikes, addictions and other personality traits may be more genetic than we realize.  We may be hard wired in the brain for certain behaviors but the good news is that we can change the behaviors if we find that they are a problem. 

Changes can be accomplished through meditation, visualization, and affirmations.  Sometimes it takes a lot of time and effort but it can be done.  Lots of brain research that is being done at universities across the country are allowing us to scientifically prove that change is possible in our thinking and in our lives.


3 comments:

  1. I have no comment about this, but this is just to see if I can publish a comment to this blog. I couldn't publish it under junfi@aol.com. I will try with my real name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Using June Fish, it required me to prove I was not a robot by choosing the squares in a photo that contained traffic lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. June, I received these 2 messages. I don't know why you can't use your email.

    ReplyDelete