Thursday, January 24, 2019

The Mickey Mouse Club and Me

When I was growing up, one of my favorite TV programs was the Mickey Mouse Club with Annette Funicello and others.  I had a Mickey Mouse Club hat and I loved to sing M-I-C-K-E-Y  M-O-U-S-E at the end of the program.

My parents subscribed to the Mickey Mouse Club magazine for my sister and me and I remember being mesmerized by an article about the Incans in Peru.  There was one article about the Indians taking all of their gold out to a lake as part of a ceremony and dumping it into the lake.  Inside I felt like that this was an important article and worked on memorizing it.  I probably was about 8-10 years old at the time.

I remained fascinated with the Incans, Peru, and South America so I went on to major in Latin American Area Studies with a minor in Spanish.  I also went to Peru for 3 weeks and visited all the sacred places as part of a "shamanic journey".  By then I had combined my interest with Peru with my lifelong interest in spirituality.

All of us are so different in our likes and dislikes.  If you are wondering about your life purpose, take time to think about your childhood.  Hidden inside are clues about who and what you are and what makes you unique.


No comments:

Post a Comment