Tuesday, January 15, 2019

My Back Fence

One day about 6 years ago a big storm came through and a portion of my back fence fell down because a tree from the neighbor's yard had fallen over knocking it down.  An elderly very nice couple lived behind me and I did not want to bring it up with them since I knew money was an issue as well as their health.   I kept thinking that I needed to hire someone to fix it but my finances were strained at that point so I just let it go. 

One day there was a knock at my door and there was the elderly man who lived behind me.  He scolded me for not letting him know about the tree and my fence.  I told him I did not want to bother him with it.  He said I have 3 strong sons and several grandchildren who help me with my harder jobs and I will get them to work.  Soon there was a buzz of activity in my back yard as they sawed up the tree and put back the fence.

This incident made me realize that sometimes there are solutions to situations that come out of the blue if we just release and let go.  We all sometimes rush to fix things that can be fixed without our having to fix it ourselves.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Ellen. This was good for me to read today. I don't have a broken fence, there are always "things" one might think they needed to "fix." My morning meditation ends with Be Centered, Be Clear, Expect Great Things and Wait and Watch.

    ReplyDelete