Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Reflections on Death

Reflections on Death

Last night Joyce Berg who is my daughter's mother-in-law passed away from COPD.  My late husband also passed away from COPD and I know and empathize at what the family went through.  My daughter and son-in-law moved Joyce to Tampa from Springfield, MO last year so they could take care of her during her last year.

I have many memories of Joyce.  She and I would meet up at the elementary school to see Marshall and Becca for grandparent's day.  She picked me up from the airport one time when I was coming to see my daughter.  We would always see each other at special family events including Thanksgiving.  She got me started on using and raising banana peppers.  She loved to grow plants.  

Death always gives each of us pause to think about our lives.  Are we doing what we came here to do?  Are we putting an emphasis on loving others unconditionally?  

We never know how much longer we have to live.  I think we always think we have more time than we do.

In reality we are visitors to this world.  We arrived in our spacesuit (body) ready to learn spiritual lessons and contribute to society.  At some point we will return "home".

It is time for each of us to appreciate our life experience and especially all those who are in our lives.  

Photo below is of Joyce Berg with my great-grandson Brentley taken in 2012.

Blessings,

Ellen




No comments:

Post a Comment